Monday, October 10, 2022

To-Do List - October 8, 2022

I made pretty good progress yesterday at clearing some stuff off my to-do list. 

Two or more weeks ago, my niece brought me about a yard of silk and showed me a weirdly-shaped pillow.  She wanted me to make a pillowcase out of the silk that would fit the pillow.  I laid the pillow down on a piece of muslin and traced around it for a pattern, then I sent her and her pillow home.  Yesterday, I made a "sham" out of the muslin, a prototype for the silk pillowcase.  When I texted her to tell her the prototype was ready, she said it would be a week or two before she could get over here with the pillow to try it.  I'm not touching the silk until we find out if the muslin sham actually fits the pillow.

Meanwhile, Son #2 had brought over two t-shirts he wanted for an upcoming vacation.  The sublimation printer saw fit to cooperate with me, and the t-shirts are ready to be worn.

When my son brought the t-shirts, he also brought a pair of jogging pants that belong to Granddaughter #1.  They swallow her whole, and she wanted me to take them up.  Got that done, too.

After the morning's work, I retired to the back porch to laze away the afternoon.  It wasn't long before Cousin Roger came motoring over on his lawnmower.  He'd been in the hospital last week, or maybe the week before, with heart issues.  His mother, Aunt B, died this week.  He needed to get out of his house and talk to someone.  He was just beginning to tell me his story when my telephone rang.  It was his sister, come from Texas to be with their mother in her last illness.  She was trying to write the obituary for the funeral home program and the newspaper, and she was working against a 2 p.m. deadline.  She'd just had an argument with another sibling, and her thoughts were all over the place.  She needed help proof-reading what she'd written, and could I come over?  I left Cousin Roger on the porch by himself and walked across the road to help her.  

I spent most of the rest of the day reading.  Two weeks ago (or more), I downloaded Upton Sinclair's series about Lanny Budd.  There are 11 books in this series; I'm about halfway through them.  It's good reading, but I do most of my reading in bed at night, and unless the book is a real page-turner, I fall asleep after just a few pages.  At the rate I'm going, this book may last me until Christmas!










No comments:

Post a Comment