Sunday, October 16, 2022

Chilly tomorrow - October 16, 2022

Today was a pretty good day for back porch-sittin' - maybe the last day for a while.  I had my first cup of coffee out here, warm enough in my big terry cloth housecoat.  Been out here mostly all day, working crossword puzzles and such, and trying to decide what to do about all of these hydrangea cuttings I'm trying to root.  Weatherman says it might frost tonight.  That probably wouldn't do the cuttings any good.

I brought half of the cuttings onto the porch and covered the ones outside with thick clear plastic.  

Half of the hydrangea cuttings had a pretty bad mishap earlier this week.  They're planted in plastic cups, and the cups sit inside a plastic tub.  We had a hard rain that floated the cups and dumped them over.  I had to re-plant them.  They're a week or two behind the first batch I planted; I didn't see a sign of a root on any of them.  

* * * * * * * * 

I am counting the hours until Son #2 and his family get home from their vacation and COME GET THIS CAT. 

He is a menace.








No comments:

Post a Comment