Saturday, March 4, 2023

Gonna Need a Boat - March 4, 2023

It was raining when we left for our junkin' trip last weekend and has rained nearly every day since.  It's been windy, too, windy enough to tear loose some of the clear vinyl panels we installed last fall.  At least it's been warm enough that it was comfortable to work at my day job on the back porch.   

There was one gloriously sunny morning last week, and between tasks I took a moment to listen to the birds chattering and glance around the back yard.  From where I sat, I could see that the sugar snap peas I'd planted a couple of weeks ago had come up and were thriving.  I congratulated myself and got back to work.

A short while later, as I was staring into space, trying to come up with wording for an e-mail, I caught a movement out of the corner of my eye.  It was that @!#%& groundhog.  You may recall that we trapped a couple of groundhogs and hauled them off - errr, relocated them - last year.  Evidently, they've come home.

I decided to watch it for a minute to see where it would go.  Even grabbed my phone to video it.

It went straight to the sugar snap peas.  


Looks like we're going to have to become trappers again.  But since the armadillo tore up the live trap, we'll have to make a run to the farm store, first.


No comments:

Post a Comment