Monday, March 27, 2023

Progress - March 27, 2023

Over the past 8 days, there has been sporadic but significant progress in the un-assing of craft supplies at my house.  It had to be done.  

Last week, I summoned my inner warrior and bagged up 8 or 10 kitchen garbage bags full of fabric and gave them to a friend, who further distributed them among other friends.  Collected stuff that needs to go to the attic.  Organized stuff into "genres" and boxed it up.  Threw away a whole bunch of random stupid junk.  At the end of the day, I needed painkillers, but was feeling pretty good about the level of ruthlessness I had shown in getting rid of stuff.

Yesterday, I worked on our bedroom.  This room does not need new flooring, but the 

Last night about 10 p.m. - I was already in bed, reading a book - for some unknown reason, I thought about the un-quilted quilt top that had been stored in the cabinet with the fabric I gave away.  This quilt top was allegedly pieced by The Husband's great-great-grandmother.  (I say "allegedly" because the fabric looks too new.)   I remembered seeing it in the cabinet when I pulled out the other fabric.  But did I save it, or did I accidentally bag it with the rest of the fabric?  I got out of bed and looked in a couple of places where I might have put it.  It wasn't there.  Ohshitohshitohshit....

I woke up thinking about this around 2 a.m.  Got up, checked another few places.  Not there.  Went back to bed, worrying.

The first thing this morning, I checked the one likely place that I hadn't already checked, and ta-DAAA, there it was.  Whew.

Since I was in that room, I went back to work sorting/boxing.  Most of what was in the craft/office room is now in a spare bedroom.  Most of it will go back into the room, only in a better organized way.  

Hah.  Right.  ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment