Monday, September 25, 2023

Sunday visitors - September 25, 2023

A little over a week ago, I decided that I needed a graphics program to help with the greeting card project.  The programs I already have won't do - or at least I don't know how to make it do - a few of the things I want to do with my drawings, so I started shopping.

Dang, good software is expensive.  

Corel Paint Shop Pro that included Painter Essentials 8 was on sale somewhere.  I snapped it up for under $50, downloaded and installed it, and jumped right in, thinking I was in business.  

When I fired up the program, it presented me with a bunch of links to tutorials.  I skipped past them and tried to begin doing what I'd bought the program to do but hit a wall right off the bat.  

The Husband came out to the porch as I was grumbling.  He said, "Find a tutorial."  I kind of rolled my eyes and went on grumbling.  

After about a week of torture, I finally decided to find a tutorial.  I liked this guy:

Aaron's Painter Tutorials - YouTube

When I found the 8-part series on Painter Essentials, I did not have time to watch them all at one sitting.  We had a busy Saturday, but nothing on the agenda for Sunday.  I planned to devote the whole day, if necessary, to tutorials.

By 11 a.m. Sunday, I was halfway through the videos when my niece texted me that she was coming over to dig up some flowers.  A few minutes later, a cousin called to say that she was coming over.  I put the tutorials on hold for the afternoon, but managed to watch the rest of them before the day was over.  

Well, I've slept since then, and all that knowledge I crammed into my head yesterday is scrambled into a murky soup.  At this point, I can scarcely remember why I needed a graphics program in the first place.  :-\









No comments:

Post a Comment