Tuesday, July 12, 2022

Chiggers? - July 12, 2022

After dinner last night The Husband and I went to the garden to do a little maintenance.  I'd left a water hose stretched across Nanny's back yard the previous evening and needed to go roll it onto the hose cart.  I'd also noticed that the tomato plants had grown enough that they needed to be re-tied to their supports.  The Husband went to work on the tomatoes while I rolled up the hose.  I also walked the purple hull pea rows to see if the previous evening's spraying had taken care of the lice problem.  Then we picked two more grocery bags of cucumbers.

This morning we are both covered in what appears to be bug bites - red, itchy dots.  

We did not feel the bites as they were occurring.  

We both came home and showered.

I wonder if aphids/plant lice bite people?

Could be chiggers, I guess, but chiggers usually leave big knots on me.  These bites are small.

Whatever they are, they are itchy.  On my butt.  And The Husband's butt.  We may both embarrass ourselves at work today.



No comments:

Post a Comment