Wednesday, July 27, 2022

Watered - July 28, 2022

I am so frightfully out of shape, it's pitiful.

Today at work, I had a throwing-away party, getting rid of things in the office that neither The Boss nor I won't want to keep when we close the office next month.  I filled up several lawn bags of junk we've accumulated over the years - coffee cups, flower vases, canned soup that expired five years ago.  The bags were so heavy that I could barely drag them to the door, much less carry them up the hill to the dumpster.  I dragged them to my car, which was parked right outside the door.  Of course, the bags tore and strewed debris from the door to the car.  I drove up to the dumpster and wrestled the bags into it.  

About 5 this afternoon, I decided to work in the garden for an hour or so.  Over the weekend, I'd noticed that it was getting mighty grassy, and some of the tomato plants were flopping over.   I put on my gloves and got the hoe out of the shed.  About 10 minutes of chopping convinced me to swap the hoe for the tiller.  

The tiller kicked up an awful cloud of dust, the ground was so dry.  And when I tied up the tomatoes, the leaves were almost rattle-y.  The garden needed water.  As I weeded the tomato and pepper rows, I tilled moats around the plants to hold the water, and then I dragged the hose cart out of the shed, hooked the hose to the hydrant, and stretched it across Nanny's back yard.  The moats did a good job of holding the water where it needed to stay.  Watered the tomatoes, the peppers, and the squash.  Rolled the hose back onto the cart, returned it and the tiller to the shed.

Picked squash, peppers, and cucumbers to give away.

Came home, took a shower, put a load of laundry in the washing machine, started dinner.  We ate our taco salads in our recliners in front of the TV.

When I tried to stand up to take my plate to the kitchen, every muscle in my body screamed, "WE DON'T THINK SO, HEIFER."  I could barely straighten up.

Looks like this will be a two Tylenol night.






No comments:

Post a Comment