Friday, July 15, 2022

TGIF - July 15, 2022

I'm so glad this work week is almost over.  

Monday, the Boss came back to work after her vacation.  The sight in the front office nearly stopped her in her tracks.  Big garbage bags full of shredded documents lined the walls; I'd shredded only half of what we'd planned to shred.  She sat down across the desk from me, and we talked about what else needed shredding.  I said, "You'll have to bring your shredder, because mine is almost kaput."  As we continued to talk, she decided that we really didn't need to shred any more.  "All of these copies are a matter of public record," she said.  "I don't know why we can't just throw it away."  I was both relieved and irked.  We started stuffing papers in garbage bags.

That evening, The Husband and I worked in the garden.  The next morning, we were both covered in chiggers and other kinds of bug bites.  Come bedtime, I crawled into bed in one of the spare bedrooms, expecting to be scratching all night.  Sure enough, I got very little sleep because of the itching, even though I'd slathered myself with anti-itch cream.

Wednesday afternoon, I planted two big hydrangea bushes that Nanny had given me for my birthday.  The ground was so hard and dry that I wished I had a pickaxe to help loosen the dirt.  Finally, I resorted to pouring water in the holes and scooping out the mud an inch at a time.  Took me an hour and a half to plant the two bushes.  By bedtime, I was achy, and more chiggers had joined the party on my legs and butt.  I bedded down in the spare room again.  I'd ordered a new book on my Kindle, and it was a good one.  Between the scratching and the book, I didn't fall asleep until about 3:30 a.m.

It was hard to drag myself out of bed yesterday morning.  It was The Boss's first day back in court since mid-June, and the docket was long.  The official clerk had gone on vacation, so it became my job to sit by The Boss and hand her the files as the cases came up.  It was all I could do to stay awake.  And not scratch my butt.

Hopefully, today will be a short day at work.

This afternoon, I will go to the garden to pick cucumbers for a batch of relish I'll make tomorrow.  I hope whatever bugs bit me in the garden earlier in the week have vacated the premises, for there's not much room left on my butt for new-comers.






No comments:

Post a Comment