Tuesday, August 8, 2023

Feeling Old - August 8, 2025

My two siblings and I are feeling old this week.

Last week, my sister-in-law fell and broke her leg while on vacation in Colorado with her children and grandchildren.  My brother, who had gone to Texas to see his grandchildren, flew out to Colorado and is staying with her at a rehab facility.  He sounded tired when I talked to him tonight.

Yesterday, my sister fell and broke her wrist.  She face-planted on concrete.  Her glasses cut her nose, and she had to have a couple of stitches.  She has two black eyes and says her face hurts worse than her wrist.  She sounded tired and weak.

As of this moment, I am physically intact, but somewhat mentally scattered.  Anxious, maybe, about Granddaughter #1 going off to college.  Frustrated at work.  Irked that I can't paint worth a shit.

I went to painting class this morning.  (Yes, it was during work hours, but I'd gotten up early and had already done my work.)  I worked on the acrylic painting I started last week.  It needs more work.  If I don't finish it in the next two weeks (when my one-month class fee expires), I'll probably never finish it.  It would be lovely to finish something, some day.


No comments:

Post a Comment