Tuesday, August 1, 2023

Salsa - August 1, 2023

I had the heebie-jeebies yesterday.  After finishing what little "official" work I had, I roamed the house looking for something to do.  Tried painting but wasn't feeling it, so nothing came out right.  Mid-morning I vacuumed and mopped the floors.  By noon, I was out of anything to do, so I sat down at the computer and did a little web surfing.  In the process, I stumbled across a recipe for "restaurant-style salsa" and decided to give it a try with the tomatoes we'd laid out to ripen on the porch rail.  There were just enough tomatoes, but I did not have enough bell peppers and jalapeno peppers on hand, so I went to the garden and managed to scrap up enough to make the recipe.  It turned out better than recipes from past years.  It made 6 pints.

The salsa-making ate up the rest of the afternoon, counting the clean-up, which involved washing nearly every pot, pan, and kitchen utensil in the house.  

Canning is work, y'all.

Thankfully, I did not have to cook supper, since we had all those leftovers from Sunday.  




No comments:

Post a Comment