Friday, November 27, 2020

Leftovers - November 27, 2020

 Thanksgiving dinner went off without a hitch (assuming one of us didn't catch or spread covid).

The ancient turkey from the freezer was perfectly fine, and tasty.  Whew!  I saved the carcass and will boil the remaining meat off of it today for a turkey pot pie, or something.  

Nanny was anxious about her cornbread dressing, having not made any in several years.  It was fine, too!

My sister-in-law, a nurse, was working and couldn't be there, but we fixed her a to-go box for her supper.  Several months ago, I accidentally bought a package of styrofoam to-go boxes (thinking I was buying big, divided trays), and they have been the handiest things to have around.  I took the whole package to Nanny's, and we all filled them up with the left-overs.  

Just after we came home from Nanny's, my son texted me to ask if I could spare a jar of cucumber relish to go with the purple hull peas they were cooking for their dinner.  I dug a jar out of the pantry, and we took it to him.  

About 8 p.m., The Husband and I tackled some of the left-overs we'd brought home.  I'd been too full for dessert after dinner, but I'd brought home two slices of pecan pie and two slices of chocolate pie, and I had my slice of pecan pie and a left-over crescent roll for supper.

We'll be having our to-go Thanksgiving dinners for supper tonight.



No comments:

Post a Comment