Monday, February 22, 2021

From the back porch - February 22, 2021

 

Yes, I know that last week I said we were in single-digit temperatures here (or maybe I didn't say say it, but we were), but Tennessee is trapped between the frigid north and the sultry south, and sultry wins the battle this week.  There is still a good bit of snow in the shady parts of my yard, but the rest of the snow vanished today, and I went to the office for the first time in about 10 days.    

I got a lot done during my confinement, though.  A friend who visited here last month and saw the shape my sewing room was in dared me - nay, shamed me -  into cleaning it up.  You already heard about some of the UFOs I finished last week:  my son's quilt and placemats, a couple of cosmetic pouches, and a baby quilt.  Here's the baby quilt, all done.


Although the sewing room is in a much better state of organization, it is still an eyesore.  But I am itching to get back in there and mess it up again, because I found all sorts of goodies - patterns and fabric and such - that I'd forgotten.  Once I re-stock the pantry and get my office desk cleared off again, I wouldn't mind a few more snow days.  ;)

I put on my gardening gloves for a few minutes this afternoon, and picked up my pruning shears, and it felt plumb delicious.  No, I wasn't just playing "dress-up"; the fairy rose bush near the walkway has been snagging my arm every time I walk by it, and it was time to give it a haircut while the sun is shining.  I pruned it back hard.  It is a vicious, thorny thing that grabs at me all year long.  I hope I killed it (but I probably didn't).  


No comments:

Post a Comment