Saturday, February 27, 2021

Lazy Saturday - February 27, 2021

 

I have accomplished very little today.  Cooked breakfast.  Unloaded the dishwasher.  That's about it.

For want of a better idea, I picked up the mandolin.   Yesterday, I kept trying to make a chord, and my stubby, arthritic fingers would not reach all the notes.  I don't understand this.  Little kids play the mandolin, and if they can reach the notes, I ought to be able to do it.  There are some videos online that show how to stretch your fingers, and I stretched them good yesterday.  They are a tad sore today, but I stretched them again and learned how to play "Swallowtail Jig."  I can't play it very fast, and I'll probably forget how it goes by tomorrow.  It's one of those Gaelic-sounding songs in "E Dorian," whatever the heck that means.  I kind of like it.

I wish you could hear these frogs singing.  Tree frogs, I guess.  They're plumb obnoxious.


No comments:

Post a Comment