Thursday, February 18, 2021

Snowmageddon - Day 8

 

Can there be any more snow left in the heavens?  I sure hope not; I've had enough.

After saving yesterday's post, I went back to the sewing room to cut more triangles to fill in the jagged edges of the quilt.  I didn't like the green triangles (see yesterday's pictures), but I didn't think I had enough of any of the other fabrics to make the 18 triangles I needed to fill the gaps.  However, when I walked into the sewing room, I saw the striped fabric shining through the clear plastic bin where it was stored.  There was plenty of that striped fabric to make the triangles, but the triangles I was envisioning would require lots of tedious cutting and sewing that I did not want to do.  You see, the day The Granddaughter made a face when she saw the quilt, it stopped being "art" and started being "a blanket," and I wasn't willing to put too much more work into it.  Yesterday's goal was simply to get it ready to be quilted.

Then, it occurred to me . . . . 

When I was cutting the original triangles to make the squares, because of the way the stripes were colored, there were a lot of left-over triangles.  I had saved the left-overs, and whenever I had two color-matched triangles, I had sewn them together.  Long story short, I found 14 completed, properly-sized triangles in the stash box.  Hallelujah!  It didn't take long to make the other 4 triangles, and 4 smaller ones to complete the corners.  It's ready to be quilted!




No comments:

Post a Comment