Saturday, October 9, 2021

Baby Faces - October 9, 2021

Granddaughters 2-4 came to visit today (#1 was at a competition with her high school band).  I snagged #4 (she's almost 9 months old), sat her in my lap facing me, and had a short conversation with her.  She laughs at all my jokes.  ;)

After a while, I put her down on the floor, and she crawled around, exploring.  When one of her sisters went to the sewing room, #4 tried to follow.  The sewing room is not fit for human habitation, and is especially off limits to babies who would eat straight pins off the floor.  When the baby put it in high gear and headed toward the sewing room, I called her name, and she stopped, sat down, turned around and looked up at me and - 

Oh, my god - it was her daddy staring up at me from 37+ years ago.

On any given day, I have a hard time summoning clear memories of my sons' infant faces.  Maybe that's because the babies' faces changed so fast in that first year that I didn't have time to get used to them.  

But I remembered today!


No comments:

Post a Comment