Tuesday, October 5, 2021

Peddling - October 5, 2021

When I came home from work yesterday, there was a big, taped-up box on my back porch.  I knew where it came from:  Cousin Roger.  There were also two camouflage wall sconces on a table.  Since I knew that there's someone in Roger's house who has covid, I sprayed the box and the sconces with disinfectant and left them alone while I did some digitizing work.  Later, I opened the box.  Inside it were the 9 wooden lanterns that I'd sold to a flower shop.  He'd done a good job on them.

As for the sconces, Roger had tried to stencil deer heads on them.  He'd used day-glo orange spray paint, and there was over-spray all around the deer, making them look like they'd been head shot.  I re-painted the deer (with tan paint) and tried to cover up the over-spray with smears of black paint.  

Today I will be taking this stuff - and all the other stuff he's left on my back porch in the last couple of weeks - to the flower shop to see if I can peddle it.  Roger's nervous.  He had made the lanterns an inch shorter than the prototype that I'd shown the flower shop, and I'd given him a butt-chewing over it.  Hopefully, he won't make that mistake again.  

Back porch findings

He has been wearing me out with texts and phone calls since I gave him my cell number.  I'm about ready to block him.  When I said this to The Husband (who is Roger's blood relative), he said, "Aw, don't do that.  Roger's quarantined, and doesn't have anybody to talk to."  I said, "YOU talk to him."

Roger called yesterday about 5 minutes after I got home.  I hadn't even had time to pee.  He sounded stopped-up, and when I asked after his health, he confessed that he now has covid.  He said he feels like he has a sinus infection, and can't smell or taste, but otherwise he's not too bad.  He says he still feels like working in his shop.  

When I come home with his money for the lanterns, I'm going to leave it on his porch and run!



No comments:

Post a Comment