Saturday, October 2, 2021

*#(!*) Computer - October 2, 2021

Back in January, I bought a new laptop.  It is (was?) a beast - fast processor, lots of memory, lots of data storage space.  The difference in speed between it and my old computer was incredible.  Tell it to do something, and BOOM! it did it.

Over the last few days, however, it hasn't been responding as it used to do.  I kept getting notifications that it needed to be updated, but every time I would tell it to update, the update would fail.  Yesterday, I decided to get to the bottom of the problem.

Big mistake.

Long story short, I ended up having to "restore" the operating system.  The process started just after noon and was still ongoing when I went to bed last night.  And it's still acting a little funny.  And some of my programs are gone.  I can re-install, but it's a pain, and I have work to do.  Thankfully, all of my data seems to be intact.



No comments:

Post a Comment