Friday, April 8, 2022

Lots to do - April 8, 2022

So far, this has been a rather busy week, and the trend will likely continue for the coming week.  The Husband has a seminar to attend in South Carolina next week, and I am going along for the ride.  We will be driving there and intend to leave this weekend to have a leisurely trip.  Since I have accompanied him to many of his past seminars, I know what the week will be like, so I am considering having him drop me off at my BFF's house in Georgia while he does the seminar.  Probably I should call her before I just show up at her door, eh?

* * * * * * * *

Part of my busy week involved the grandchildren.  The Grandson spent last weekend with us and showed me his cell phone.  The screen was shattered enough that the phone was unusable.  One day this week, I took it to a repair shop.  Since the repair shop is near The Granddaughters' house, I stopped by to see them.  The Little Rotten Baby was in rare form.  She was trailing her 7-year-old sister through the house, begging for a lick of her sister's sucker, which her sister was kind enough to allow.  When her sister went outside with the sucker, the LRB "fell out" crying on the tile floor, bumping her nose in the process.  I scooped her up to comfort her, but I was secretly laughing inside.  What a drama queen!  

Yesterday was a busy day at work; I actually had to work until 5 p.m.  Shortly before 5, when it appeared that I would be working even later, I texted The Husband and asked him to stop at a fast-food place on his way home to get us some gyros for supper.  I had planned to make a meat loaf, but time was running short.  The reply text said, "Ok.  Did you want that tonight?"  

I thought, WTF?  But I answered, "Whatever.  We can eat peanut butter for all I care."

As it turned out, just minutes after I sent the text, The Boss said, "Let's go home."  I called The Husband to tell him that I could get us something for supper since I was about to leave work.  While we were talking, he conferenced in my BFF, who had actually been the recipient of my original text message.  She had realized that I'd texted her by mistake, and she'd called The Husband to work out a plan to mess with me.  The heifer.

If I go to visit her, I may show up with a gyro in hand.



No comments:

Post a Comment