Wednesday, April 20, 2022

My tomato seeds ("Hossinator," I think) came in the mail Monday.  I planted them yesterday in a plastic greenhouse tray left over from last year, using dollar store "all-purpose" dirt that doesn't want to soak up the water I sprinkled on it.  It may be a miracle if they sprout.

Last year, I sprouted our tomato plants indoors, under a florescent light.  Even though the light was positioned just an inch from the tops of the plants, they grew leggy.  When they were about an inch tall, we had to go out of town for a few days, and I asked Uncle Jack (who has a tiny greenhouse) if he would babysit the tomatoes while we were gone.  He agreed, and when I got back, the tomatoes had grown magnificently under his care.  They were sturdy, and deep green. 

This year, I shall attempt to sprout the seeds (and grow the seedlings) outdoors, in the sunshine.  Once the seeds sprout, I'll take the lid off the mini-greenhouse tray so the wind can blow across the plants (which will help make the stems stronger).  

And I will probably kill them and go to the greenhouse for plants.

* * * * * * * * 

The Husband has signed us both up for a ukulele festival/workshop scheduled to happen this weekend.  I have not learned to play the ukulele, but I shall give it a try.  This workshop will last 3 days, but I'll have to work for 2 of the 3 days, unless The Boss gets wind of it, in which case she will probably tell me to go play.  She might get wind of it this morning while we are on our way to court.  ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment