Wednesday, April 20, 2022

Public Service Announcement - CleverFlora French Crochet Kit - April 20, 2022

Several weeks ago, I ordered a "French Crochet Kit" from a web site called CleverFlora.  I don't know where I found out about it - probably Pinterest.  The technique looked really cool and was a craft I had not tried.

The kit came yesterday.  It barely resembles the kit on the CleverFlora web site.  I did receive embroidery floss, embroidery hoops, and some fabric, but there was no hook.  Instead, there was a pack of regular sewing/embroidery needles.  Although I have never done "french crochet" (which I believe is actually called "tambour"), it seems to me that the hook is an essential part of the process! 

Here's a picture of what I got:


See the booklet at the top of the picture?  It appears to be a booklet of patterns.  All of the writing is in Chinese.  

I would not advise buying this kit.




No comments:

Post a Comment