Saturday, April 16, 2022

What Day Is It? - April 16, 2022

Having been off from work for a week, I have lost track of time.  Since The Husband and I were both at home yesterday, it seemed like Saturday.  I woke up this morning thinking today was Sunday and only realized the truth when CBS Sunday Morning did not come on TV.  How in the world am I going to keep up with the day of the week when I retire?  Marking off the days on a calendar won't work; I'll never remember to do it.

After breakfast yesterday, we un-wrapped the back porch, folded all the panels, and stored them away.  I was amazed at how many ladybugs, stinkbugs, and other insects had snuggled themselves (permanently!) under the sticky velcro tape that we'd used to install the panels.  It was plumb creepy.

It's nice to have the panels off the porch, to be able to see the birds checking out nesting places in the birdhouses we've scattered around the yard.  There's a birdhouse suction-cupped to the living room window, right next to my workspace on the porch, and for the past two days I've watched a yellow/gray bird (a warbler, I think) check out the accommodations.  Ever since we've had that birdhouse stuck to the window, wrens have nested in it.  They'd better hurry if they're going to get their old digs, else the yellow birds might beat them to it.

I ordered tomato seeds yesterday.  These are called "Hossinators," and they are hawked as the most disease-resistant tomatoes on the planet.  This may be a little late to start tomatoes.  Even though I have several packages of tomato seeds in the freezer (ordered them at the end of the season last year), I was planning on buying greenhouse tomato plants and not starting any from seeds.  But I could not resist the disease-resistance claim.  




No comments:

Post a Comment