Tuesday, May 17, 2022

Evening Edition - May 17, 2022

You won't usually catch me blogging - or doing anything else that takes much thought - this time of day.  But I'm a little out of sorts tonight.  The Husband is on a business trip, so my routines are off-kilter.  I forgot about Granddaughter #2's band concert until it was too late to go, and feel kinda crappy about that.  And I let one of my digitizing customers spin me up, and I've been sitting around all afternoon stewing about how to word a polite "kiss my ass" message. 

Perhaps the situation doesn't require profanity.  But my temper does.

I have a repeat customer who expects me to digitize her ideas without providing me with any artwork or pictures to guide me.  Just words. "I want a car on a hill with some trees.  And a dog.  Make the trees skinny."  There are about a million possibilities in that.  So I ask some questions and eventually come up with a design that I think fits the criteria.  And it's not the "look she wanted," and she can't show me the "look."  I revise the design as best as I can, based on her indecisive comments.  We do this over and over.  Partly because she's spot-reading her email.  I have to ask the same questions over and over.  And I haven't charged her nearly enough, for this job or past ones.  

This is my fault for not nipping it in the bud a long time ago.

So we're in the middle of this project now.  We have come up with an acceptable shape for the vehicle, and I have drafted some trees, which she doesn't like, of course.  She has requested I edit the trees and - "oh, and swap out the dog for a cat.  I'm not liking the dog."  And complained when I threatened to charge her for each new edit.

I am bailing on this project.  

* * * * * * * * * * * 

We got the garden all nice and tilled last Thursday, but it rained before we could hill up the rows.  The tomato and pepper plants are currently living right beside our front door, so I can remember to water them.  Maybe we can get them in the ground this weekend.





No comments:

Post a Comment