Monday, May 9, 2022

Mothers Day Weekend - May 9, 2022

It's a little nippy on the back porch this morning, but that's not keeping the squirrels from frolicking around in the yard.  There are two out there now.  They should be thankful that all of the boy-children have grown up and moved away; otherwise, they'd be toast.  With gravy, and a side of potatoes.

I was hoping to plant the vegetable garden this weekend, but it's been raining, and we haven't been able to work the soil.  Local weather reports say it's supposed to rain several days this week, so we may not be able to plant next weekend, either.  

We had a nice Mother's Day.  Son #1 invited us to lunch at his house, and my sister-in-law agreed to cook Mother's Day supper for Nanny on Sunday night.   Sister said she would bring spaghetti and garlic bread; our job was to make a salad and a dessert.  So I went to the grocery store Saturday morning and got ingredients for salad and coconut pies, and thinking we might be feeding extra kids and grandkids who might stop by, I also got a ham and some butterbeans.  Came straight home and started cooking.  

I guess Nanny and I were both afraid that we wouldn't have enough food for everyone, for she cooked a pot roast, "just in case."  We had plenty without the extra meats.

We're still being invaded by stinkbugs.  Our vacuum cleaner has lived on the porch for well over a week.  As soon as it warms up, the bugs appear on the inside of the porch.  I vacuum them up, and 20 minutes later I look up and there are more.  Surely some stink bug must've laid eggs inside this porch, for I can't imagine that this many are working their way inside from outdoors so fast.  





No comments:

Post a Comment