Thursday, May 26, 2022

The Swamp - May 26, 2022

 No, I'm not referring to Washington, DC (though . . . ); I'm talking about my garden.

Went down to check on it for the first time in a week.  The north end is a swamp.  Fortunately, except for the purple hull pea rows, I limited my planting to the south half of the garden.  

Tomatoes and peppers are a little yellow (from too much water, I expect), but they're all standing upright and don't appear to be near collapse.

Squash and cucumbers aren't up, yet.  Seems like they should be sprouted by now.  

Now, about those purple hull pea rows . . . . 

The Husband planted the peas.  I'd bought twice as many peas as I thought I'd need to plant 6 rows, but The Husband ran out of seeds on the third row.  He used a bicycle-on-a-stick-type planter, and must've had the dial set for butterbeans.  They are beginning to sprout, thick as cathair, even in the swamp rows.


No comments:

Post a Comment