Thursday, May 19, 2022

He's Ba-aaaaack - May 19, 2022

Yesterday was a breezy day.  As I was chilling on the back porch, there were a lot of wind-induced noises:  whirly-gig squeaking, windchime tinkling, leaves rustling, screen door softly rattling in its frame.  About 6:30, I heard a new, vaguely familiar clacking noise.  I turned in the direction of the sound to find a big, fat groundhog sitting two feet outside the porch, clacking its teeth.

Was it one of our former "guests" come back?  Was it challenging me over having been "relocated?"

I shot to my feet in search of my phone, intending to take a picture to send to The Husband.  I mean, it was right there, clacking, and staring through the screen!  When the groundhog saw me move, it scampered across the yard and disappeared under the shed.  I texted The Husband, anyway, to tell him about it.

He replied, "Set the trap!"

I said, "Not until you get home!"  (He'll be home tomorrow.)  There's no way I'm dealing with another groundhog by myself.

But come Saturday . . . a vegetable feast will await him inside the trap.






No comments:

Post a Comment