Monday, April 24, 2023

Busy weekend - April 24, 2023

It was a little chilly this weekend, but the sunshine lured us outside to work in the yard.  The Husband has a new battery-powered chainsaw, and he roamed the yard, looking for stuff to cut down.  I pulled weeds, turned the compost pile, picked up sticks from the yard.  Around noon, I decided to tackle the back porch, which was loaded down with odds-and-ends that belong in the house, a few boxes of un-used flooring, and a thick layer of dust and cobwebs and pollen on everything.  Nearly burned my vacuum clean up with sticky, cobweb-y dust.  

Granddaughters #2 and #3 spent the night with us Saturday night while their parents took Granddaughter #1 and the Little Rotten Baby to view the college campus where #1 will start school this fall.  (She wants to be a veterinarian.)  It was late afternoon when they got here.  They were stunned to see how clean the sewing room is.  #3 immediately started making plans to dirty it up again.  We fed them pizza, made them shower, and sent them to bed about 10 p.m. after promising to take them to a movie the next day.  

Sunday morning at 6:30, I woke up with #3 breathing in my face.  When I opened my eyes, she said, "Grandmama, I'm hungry."  Her dad used to do the same thing at 6:30 on a weekend morning.  I got up and cooked.  It was nearly noon when #2, the almost-teenager, rolled out of bed.

By that time, #3 was bored.  We made some bracelets, but she got bored with that, too, so I sent her outside to paint a mural on the side of my compost bin.  It wasn't long before #2 joined her at the "canvas."  

Of course, by that time, #3 was bored with painting and had the idea that we should make her a dress.

She picked out some fabric from the remaining stash (yes, I did keep a little bit of fabric).  I'd boxed up all my sewing patterns and have been riding them around in my car for a week, intending to give them away.  I hauled them back into the house and let #3 pick out a pattern.  She helped me pin and cut.  I sewed the bodice together and tried it on her.  It was too tight for her poochy little kid belly; I will have to start over.  But since movie hour was approaching, I didn't have time for that.  

The sewing room table is still junked up.  Kinda feels natural.




No comments:

Post a Comment