Wednesday, April 5, 2023

Well, damn.  

This flooring project is going to drive me nuts.

We bought the flooring Sunday and paid to have it shipped to our house.  The projected delivery date was April 12.  

Monday morning, I got an email from the store saying it would be delivered April 5.  (Hence the frantic book purge Monday afternoon.)  I called the installer and told him the flooring would be here today.  He rearranged his schedule to work on our house.  A couple of the workers arrived before 9 this morning to start work, but they asked if I had any idea what time the flooring would be delivered.  I checked the tracking link sent with Monday's email.  It says the flooring will be delivered on April 10.  Another schedule rearrangement for the installer.  

Actually, I'm kind of glad the flooring won't be delivered today.  It's supposed to storm again tonight and tomorrow.  If it had arrived today, we would have had to move it all - two whole pallets of it - to the back porch (The Husband bought a hand truck yesterday just for that purpose).  I wasn't looking forward to that job, especially during a storm.

So we wait.




No comments:

Post a Comment