Monday, April 10, 2023

Mowing - April 10, 2023

Shhhooooo-WEEEE, I'm tired!

Worked on the back porch most of the day - my job work, plus some side-hustle digitizing - and every time I'd glance up, I'd see the compost bin I built Saturday and think about painting it.  But the flooring guy was supposed to show up after lunch.  About 3 o'clock, he texted me and said that he wasn't coming today, so I fired up the Wrangler and went to the hardware store for a can of paint and some long wood screws.  

As I was backing out of the driveway, I noticed how shaggy our yard was looking - dandelions standing up everywhere - and decided that instead of painting the compost bin, I should mow the lawn.  It might rain tomorrow.  When I got back from the store, I went straight to Nanny's to get the lawnmower (we keep it in her big shop).  She came running out of the house..  "Did you check the oil?"  I waved her off and said, "I'm going to mow our yard, and then I'll come do yours."

Our lawnmower is a bitch to steer.  It's supposed to be a zero-turn mower, but it's not quite zero.  I make a lot of figure-8s instead of 0s.  It was nearly 7 p.m. when I finished Nanny's yard.  The Husband was home by then and said that one of the front tires is low, and that's probably why it was so hard to steer.  He can air it up when he mows the steep bank at Nanny's that I'm scared to mow.

If it doesn't rain, we're going to get the vegetable garden ready for planting this weekend.  I gave away a few tomatoes to my siblings.  Still have 50-something, but I AM NOT PLANTING THAT MANY TOMATOES.





No comments:

Post a Comment