Friday, April 14, 2023

Flooring Done - April 14, 2023

At 11:34 a.m. today, the flooring installer stepped out on the back porch where I was working and said they were finished. Four days.  But.

They've got to come back and do some trim work - not a lot, just a few places.  The main dude is out of town and won't be back until Wednesday, but we've been able to put most everything back where it goes.  

We put the office back together last night.  I had spent the whole day throwing away things that have been living in that closet for years.  I pared SIX big tubs down to TWO, and FIVE stackable drawer units down to TWO.  This left enough room on the closet floor for the Marshall amp (that doesn't even belong to us) and a stackable drawer unit or two for all The Husband's ukulele knick-knacks and music.

We expected to have extra room in the office because I have donated literally two car-loads of books (and some besides).  Yet, when we moved the "keeper" books back to the shelves, they still filled up three bookshelves, with little room left over for pictures and my three bobbleheads (Shakespeare, RBG, and Bob Ross).  

This morning, I tackled the boxes in our bedroom - knick-knacky, dust-coated stuff, mostly.  Some of that went in the garbage.  But there were family pictures mixed in with every box, and it took about an hour to gather them all up and go through them.  Next, I went to work on the shelf in the office closet.  It was piled to the ceiling.  I didn't know what to pull out first for fear of an avalanche.

Some of what was up there went to a burn pile.  

But, y'all. . . the front bedroom. . . that's where all the stuff is that came out of the sewing/craft/office room.  I've been hauling boxes out of there all afternoon.  I was hoping to have left-over space in the craft room, but it's not looking too promising.

Addendum:

8:30 p.m. - The craft room was shameful.  Shameful.  I vacuumed the walls, washed the curtains, dusted.  The machines are all back in the room, though not plugged in.  I'm missing a power strip.  It'll turn up.  




No comments:

Post a Comment