Tuesday, August 11, 2026

Heat Wave Coming - August 11, 2026

Yesterday morning, after I said I wasn't going to rake up the grass clippings in the back yard, I womaned-up and raked up the grass clippings.  Filled up the big yard wagon TWICE, dumped the loads onto the compost pile.  Set the mole trap in the new tunnel that had popped up since I mashed them down with the lawnmower.  

I briefly considered cranking up the weed eater, but it was already seriously hot.  Enough womaning-up for the day.  

According to this morning's weather report, we're in for more serious heat for the next TWO WEEKS.  I had considered taking my jewelry to the local farmer's market this weekend, but . . . nah.

The LRB's first day of kindergarten was a success.  On the way to the gym for after-school pickup, when two little girls behind her toyed with the "charms" on her backpack, she told them, "I don't like people I don't know touching my stuff."  

We never doubted that she'll stand up for herself.  ;)

This afternoon I am going to another class reunion committee meeting.  (50 years.  It doesn't seem possible.)  The reunion is coming up in October, and we still haven't firmly decided on a venue or the menu for the reunion.  Hopefully, we'll straighten that out today.  Registrations are still trickling in, but the deadline happens this week.  

I don't know how I let myself get roped into this thing.



No comments:

Post a Comment