Today in the craft room, I said to myself, "Don't make anything else you don't like."
Yesterday, being fresh out of fresh ideas and running low on some supplies, I worked on organizing the ring display and the earring display. (The bracelet display isn't here yet.) I hadn't handled some of it for months, and organizing it helped me see it with new eyes. I thought once again that I wouldn't wear most of that stuff to a cat fight. It's not that the workmanship is bad; I culled the ones that had flaws. The colors are pretty. It's just that most of it is too gaudy for my tastes.
Anyway, today I decided to make something I, personally would wear.
And I did it. Made a polymer clay pendant and some earrings for myself. Assuming I don't screw it up somewhere down the road, I will wear them to my class reunion. They're baking right now and will need finishing. Lots of pitfalls there.
Speaking of the class reunion, the committee had another meeting yesterday. Only people who like to talk and socialize will come to a meeting. This makes it hard to stay on track. I had to call the class to order a couple of times to get a consensus on the menu and the venue. Several people are keeping their own count of attendees, and nobody's count matched. It was a mess. I think we finally got everything straight until the next meeting after the registration deadline has passed.
No comments:
Post a Comment