Thursday, August 27, 2026

 Yesterday, my BFF sent me a picture of a pair of dragonfly earrings, along with the comment, "You can do that."

My response:  "Jewelry production temporarily suspended.  Moved on to the sewing machine."

At the time, I was digging through the buffet cabinet in the sewing room (which once was the dining room) where I'd stored the fabric that survived The Great Purge of 2022.  To my delight, I found two sets of embroidered placemats and a table runner/napkin set that I'd made several years ago for my booth in the antique mall.  They are fall/holiday colors.  They will go to the booth I will set up in September at the charity benefit.  

I spent most of the day working on dumpling bags. Found the right size pattern, which took a while.  Cut out one using nice fabric, sewed it up without any hitches.  Today I am going to choose the fabrics for a few more bags and have them ready to sew when we get back from our trip to Mountain View.  


No comments:

Post a Comment