Friday, September 18, 2026

Friday - September 18, 2026

I have not made a single piece of jewelry this week.  This is partly due to a lack of a creative spark and partly due to the abominable state of the craft room.  

Doing the vendor booth last weekend sapped me in more ways than one.  It was soooo hot.  (The Husband's truck registered an indoor temperature of 107 when we got in it to come home.)  Very few people showed up during the time the venders were allowed on the premises.  I sold very little.  It was a disappointing day.  

All of the boxes from the vendor booth landed on the craft room floor.  It sat there for days, impairing my ability to move around the room.  

Yesterday, I decided to put the booth stuff away and do something about the general chaos in the room.  It's still a mess - there's just too much STUFF - there needs to be another ruthless purge - but at least I can move around in it.  The worktable is cleaner than it's been in months.  

Next week, it's back to work.

Last night, I went to an outdoor concert at the park in our little town.  The band played hits from the 60s and 70s.  Once the sun went down it was right pleasant.  It turned out that one of the band members graduated from high school with me.  I hadn't seen him since then.  Since our 50-year class reunion is coming up next month, when the band took a break, I nabbed him and told him about the reunion.  He may be way too cool to hang out with us old fogies.  




No comments:

Post a Comment