But the past few days haven't been a total loss. While we were in Mountain View, I crocheted a cute bucket hat and started another. I can't crochet for long stretches. (The ring finger on my left hand is what The Husband's grandmother called a "trigger finger"; it doesn't want to un-bend after it's been bent a while.) I finished a child-sized hat yesterday working about 10 rounds at a sitting. It made 6 hats I've finished since the last week of August. Not too bad, all things considered.
But I want to decorate the hats.
I crocheted some small flowers. They help, but . . . meh.
I embroidered some free-standing butterflies. So-so. They were too big for a child's hat, and pushing it for adult hats. I can size them down and try again.
Yesterday, I tried making flowers out of sparkly tulle and taffeta. I did not try hard, and they came out crappy. I will try again and mean it.\
There are a couple more school logo tote bags to embroider.
This morning, I've made 4 or 5 rings for big fingers and one or two smalls.
But I am running out of time. The benefit is this coming Saturday. It will be an outdoor event, and unless the weather cools off, it will be miserably hot. I will have to supply my own tent and display tables. There are tables and tents in the shed, but also snakes and mice and spiders. For several days, I've been warning The Husband that I will need those things from the shed and that he would have to be the one to get them out. Finally, today, he went into the shed, and I went as far as the door - the *outside* of the door - to help him. We set up the table and the tent to make sure they're ok. When I suggested we put the stuff in the truck instead of back in the shed, he balked. I did not understand why - we'd only have to get the stuff out again in a few days - until I overheard him tell Son #2, "She's doing a craft fair later this month." When I told him, "It's NEXT WEEKEND," he understood why I thought loading the truck today was a good idea. But by that time, we'd already put it all back in the shed.
The table in the shed isn't quite big enough. I just ordered an 8 ft. table that should be here in a day or two. Those two tables, plus our card table, should do the job.
I went ahead and registered for a November craft fair.
No comments:
Post a Comment