My phone alarmed at 2:00 yesterday, reminding me of my friend's book club meeting at 2:30. There was a pot of red beans cooking on the stove, and they weren't done. I'd never been to a book club and wanted to see what it was like, so I transferred the beans to the crock pot and went to the meeting.
Side note: my friend - a new friend I met in an art class earlier this year - was the only person I recognized. Twenty years ago, it would've been strange to have found myself among strangers in our little town, but not anymore. At the grocery store yesterday morning, I did not encounter one person I knew. It is just weird.
Anyway . . . .
I enjoyed the book club meeting. My phone is set to remind me of the meetings on the 2nd Wednesday of each month, but I am not sure I'll go again.
The red beans and rice were done in time for supper. Earlier in the day, I'd texted The Grandson to let him know I was making them. Before he came home from work, he texted me to ask if he could bring a friend to dinner. He came in about 6:00 with a young lady, the sister of his best friend, a tiny little thing with colorful striped hair and a beaded nose ring. She seemed to enjoy her dinner, especially the coconut pie.
The Husband got home about 7:30 and went straight for the pie. He took red beans and rice and coconut pie for lunch today.
He'll be getting the same thing for supper tonight. ;)
Saturday is fast approaching, but I think I am ready for the craft fair. It will be a hot day. We have to be set up by 9:45 and packed up by 4:00. I just hope I don't come home with everything I took. If that happens, there may be a huge craft supplies give-away at my house next week.
No comments:
Post a Comment