You must be about to burst to learn how the benefit dinner booth sales went.
I sold $40 worth of rings and earrings, just enough to pay for the folding table that I bought to display my wares at the event. We're in the hole if you subtract the money we spent on lunch.
We got there at 9:00. There were tons of volunteers to help us unload and set up. We were set to go at 10 when the event officially opened. There were maybe 10 other vendors. Two or three of them sold jewelry. The day was hot, with scarcely a breeze.
Hardly any customers showed up.
Some of the more seasoned vendors reported that there was another (bigger) event going on in the next town that probably drew some people away. One of them told me that there would be more people arriving around 5:00, when the actual dinner was set to begin.
But here's the kicker:
The vendors were told to be gone by 4:30, as they needed the space for the diners.
I would venture a guess that there had been more volunteers and vendors than the cumulative number of customers by 3:30, when we packed up and left. Some of the other vendors had been gone an hour by then. Thankfully, the volunteers helped us get everything to the truck.
The Husband and I were both sapped. As we pulled into our driveway, I said, "Can we just wait until tomorrow to unload?" He didn't need any convincing. We had been invited to dinner at Nanny's, a going-away dinner for a Nephew who was moving across the state; we were grateful that we did not have to come up with our own food.
Despite the lack of sales, I am glad I did it for the experience. And it gave me a chance to scope out the other vendors' jewelry. (Mine was very different from theirs.)
I will probably set up a booth at the indoor event at the high school in November. Between now and then, I intend to use up the rest of the beads, wire, and clay already on hand. If the stuff doesn't sell, my jewelry venture may conclude.
And then I'll move on to something else . . . .
I went into the craft room this morning and wanted to turn around and walk back out. It's a disaster. Something must be done about it before any serious work can happen in there. Must find a place for the jewelry and hats to live until the next event. Right now, they're in boxes on the floor, and they're in the way.
No comments:
Post a Comment