Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Cool Snap - September 30, 2020

 

Yesterday was such a beautiful, mild day, and the next few days are supposed to be mild, as well.  I am both loving this cool snap and dreading the onset of winter.

The odds are that it's going to frost on the butternut squash that I planted (late) before they have time to bear.

The butterbeans have tiny little pods on them.  Unless we have an early frost, I believe we might get a picking or two from them.

The turnip greens are up, thick as cat hair.

The tomatoes are still producing a little.

We picked a good bit of squash Saturday - enough for meals for Nanny and us for supper.  The okra needed cutting, but I put it off.  I was busy all weekend, then it rained Monday.  Maybe the garden will be dry enough today to do some work.

I watched the presidential debate last night.  It was a disgrace.


No comments:

Post a Comment