Thursday, March 4, 2021

From the back porch - March 4, 2021

 

What a great afternoon it is for porch-sitting!  I am perfectly comfortable in a t-shirt and shorts.

Buttercups are blooming, and many more ready to burst open.. Squirrels chasing each other up a tree.   

I am anxious for the ground to dry up so that The Husband can get in the garden with his tractor.  He's got a plan to "burn off" the garden this year in the hope of roasting the weed seeds so that they won't sprout, making for less weeding this summer.  He wants to plow the perimeter of the garden as a fire-break so we don't catch Nanny's yard on fire.  Sounds like a good plan to me.

Yet, I'm a little miffed about the whole thing.  You see what this is, don't you?  I've been asking him to help me burn off the garden for years, but there was always some excuse not to do it: too wet, too dry, too windy.  We've always had the big tiller to plow up the perimeter for a fire-break; we could've been doing it all along.  Two things changed this year:  (1) we bought a tractor last fall, and this is a good excuse to get to drive it; and (2) The Husband helped me tend the garden last year, and he now understands the weed problem.    

Last weekend, I took the quilt that I was making for my granddaughter to the quilt shop to be quilted and bound.  Picked it up Tuesday.  




As I said in a previous post, the granddaughter won't be getting it, because I could tell by the look on her face that she did not like it.  I'm not all that crazy about it, myself, but we'll use it for a blanket and move on.  Now, I've got to work on the quilt that she DOES want, a super-hero quilt.  I'll show you that one when I'm done with it.

Oh, and look what I found in my front yard this afternoon.  I guess all the rain flushed him right out of his crawdad hole.





No comments:

Post a Comment