Friday, July 28, 2023

!@$%^*@ Ants (and others) - July 28, 2023

It has been putrid hot and humid this week.  I went to the garden at 8:30 this morning, hoping to cut okra and pick peas before the real heat set in.  

Nanny came out with a cardboard box and started picking at the other end of the patch.  We met in the middle.  I went on to the peppers and the okra while she picked the few remaining squash.

Ants attacked me in the okra.  Here is a picture of part of the damage.


I bummed a Benadryl off Nanny, came home and showered, and slathered my feet and legs with Benadryl cream.  Something got me on the wrist that left a big, red, hot, itchy knot.

Between the ants, the mosquitoes, the horseflies, and the chiggers, I'm about ready to give up gardening.  FOR GOOD.



No comments:

Post a Comment