Friday, May 28, 2021

From the back porch - May 28, 2021

 

Granddaughter #2 was scheduled to play her last softball game of the season last night.  I worked a full day yesterday (I know! *gasp*), so I was a little short of time between work and the game.  No time to cook and clean up, so before I left town, I went by a "hot and ready" pizza drive-thru and bought our supper.

I stopped by Nanny's to have a look at the garden, hoping that the rain had sprouted the green beans.  The garden looked like it hadn't rained on it at all, which is weird, because it rained at my house across the road a good bit Wednesday.  A few of the green beans were up, but nothing like a good row.  I don't know if there are more seeds underground, waiting to sprout, or if something has eaten most of the seeds right out of the dirt.  We had a pouring rain last night (rained out #2's game) and this morning, so if it's moisture that the beans are lacking, they ought to be up soon.  I'm going to give it a couple more days and re-plant the beans AGAIN if they don't come up.

When The Husband came home from work, I asked him to re-set the mouse traps by the tomato and the rose bush.  They are both sprung this morning.  I suppose the hard rain could have sprung them, for they are lying near where they were placed.  But the rose bush and the tomato remain standing.  

I wonder if the raccoon will figure out that once the trap is sprung, the rose and the tomato are fair game.



No comments:

Post a Comment