Tuesday, May 25, 2021

Sunflowers, Houttunyia Tea - May 25, 2021

 

Sunday afternoon, after I rested a bit from the first round of gardening, I went back to the garden to finish what I'd started.

I planted the tomato, pepper, and basil plants that the Tomato Fairy left in my driveway.

Also planted some sunflower seeds.  

Spread the last wagon-load of pine needles.

Put away all the garden tools and closed up the shed.

My wrist was killing me by the time I finished.

I came home, showered, cooked supper, cleaned up the kitchen, and took my ass to bed.

Yesterday morning before work, I made a poultice of houttuynia leaves (chameleon plant).  I put leaves in the blender with a little water and chopped them up really fine.  Next, I laid down on the counter a strip of cheesecloth about 3" wide and long enough to go around my wrist.  I put the chopped leaves on the cheesecloth, laid my wrist on it, and wrapped it around.  Then I secured it with some of that stretchy bandage wrap.  Wore it most of the day.

My wrist is better today.

This morning, I chopped up a few leaves and stems and dropped them into some boiling water.  They're steeping now - 15 minutes.  I am going to strain it into a cup with a teaspoon full of honey to see if it'll work on the rest of my joints.


No comments:

Post a Comment