Sunday, May 16, 2021

Weekend Warriors - May 16, 2021

 

Son #1 called early yesterday morning, wanting to know if he could borrow our power-washer to wash his house.  I said, "Sure, if you're brave enough to get it out of the shed."  (I won't go in past the door.)

I bought this power-washer for The Husband's birthday a couple of years ago.  At the time, we had a camper, and he'd been washing it with the water hose and a brush on a long stick.  We subsequently sold the camper.  The power-washer had never been used.  I didn't even know where all the gizmos were, but I did, at least, find the instruction manual.  

As my son was getting the thing out of the shed, I said, "I wish I'd put a condition on loaning this to you.  I wish I'd said, 'Yes, you can borrow it, if you'll do my house when you finish."

He said he would, but I didn't hold him to it.  He's been working the night shift for the past umpteen months, and this was the first Saturday in a long time that he hasn't needed to sleep half the day.  I figured he had plenty to do at his own house.

A little later in the afternoon, Son #2's wife texted me this picture:


Son #2 has worked 40 days with only 4 days off, and yesterday he decided to climb up on their roof, clean gutters, and saw off some low-hanging limbs that were brushing the roof.  

I texted her back:  "Make him get down."  

The Husband went to work yesterday to get some stuff done while the office was quiet.  I spent the day working on embroidery designs.  About 5 p.m., I fixed myself a big, stout gin & tonic and retired to the back porch to enjoy it.  I was just finishing it when Son #2 called and asked if we could babysit The Granddaughters while they ran some errands.  "Bring 'em on!"   I did not tell him I was half-looped.  I just made sure not to hold the baby while I was standing up.  ;) 

* * * * * * * * *

We walked down to the garden Friday evening to check on it.  Looks like we're going to have to re-plant all the beans and peas.  



No comments:

Post a Comment