Monday, May 31, 2021

Memorial Day - May 31, 2021

 

We did not make any cookout plans for Memorial Day (though I briefly considered it).  Instead, we worked in the yard and in the vegetable garden.

The Nephew has been mowing Nanny's yard lately.  She complains that he mows too fast and leaves un-even spots.  He complains that the lawnmower blades are dull.  So this morning about 10:30, The Husband said he was going down to the shop to change the lawnmower blades.  He said he didn't need my help.  I gave him about a 30-minute head start, then went down to the shop to see if he'd changed his mind.

He was still sitting there looking at the lawnmower when I got there.  Still didn't need my help, he said, so I went on to the garden to pull up some weeds.  The middle between the peppers and the tomatoes was pretty grassy, but the ground was too wet for hoeing.  Instead, I hauled a few more loads of pine needles from under the trees and covered about 2/3 of the row before I pooped out.

About this time, The Husband needed help.  We finally managed to get the lawnmower back together.  He rode it on up the driveway to our house to mow our yard.

I walked back to the house and got the push-mower out of the shed.  Did the tricky parts while he mowed the rest of the yard.  

We are both pooped.  I cannot WAIT for bedtime!

No comments:

Post a Comment