Tuesday, August 2, 2022

A Mouse in the House - August 2, 2022

Yesterday, when I came home from work and opened our bedroom door, a not-very-pleasant aroma hit me square in the nose.  It smelled like a dead mouse.

I changed out of my work clothes and began the hunt.  Didn't find anything.  Maybe it was my imagination . . . . 

Thirty minutes later when The Husband came home, he joined me on the porch and asked, "Did you smell a dead mouse in the bedroom?"  

I said, "YES!  Let's go find it!"  

We started in one corner and worked our way around the room, moving every piece of furniture, sniffing like a couple of bloodhounds.  We found a little bit of mouse poop behind the chaise, and a lot of dust bunnies everywhere, but no dead mouse.  The Husband removed the A/C intake panel; no mouse.  I opened drawers and doors; no mouse.  

We never found it.  I set a trap behind the chaise.

The Husband moved the Scentsy wax warmer to the bedroom.  The scent blended with the dead mouse smell, rather than masked it.

When I woke up in the middle of the night, the first thing I smelled was dead mouse.  I moved to a spare bedroom for the rest of the night.

It must be in the attic.

We'll never find it among all that junk.  

Wonder how long it will take to completely decompose?


No comments:

Post a Comment