Tuesday, August 2, 2022

Ain't this some sh*t - August 2, 2022

When I picked a couple of tomatoes Saturday, I noticed that a few more were turning.  It rained most of the day Sunday, so no gardening took place.  Yesterday, we spent the evening trying to locate the dead mouse, then had to cook supper.  Tonight, we planned to go to the garden after supper to pick the tomatoes that were ripening over the weekend.  

As we were eating, Nanny called to tell us that a tree had fallen into the garden.  It's one of those wild callery pear trees, which I have been begging for three years for the menfolk to cut down.




It knocked over several pepper plants, a couple of tomato plants, and squashed several hills of squash.

After I finished my hissy fit, I turned my attention to the tomatoes.  Well, guess what?


A squirrel had sampled EVERY ONE OF OUR RIPE TOMATOES.

SON OF A BITCH!



No comments:

Post a Comment