Sunday, August 14, 2022

Morning Gardening - August 14, 2022

Friday afternoon, when I went to the garden for cucumbers and tomatoes for dinner, I glanced at the purple hull pea rows and saw they needed picking.  After dinner, I said to The Husband, "We ought to go pick the peas."  

He said, "Let's pick them tomorrow morning."  

I sort of rolled my eyes at him and gave him a doubtful look.  He hates gardening, and he hates mornings.  The odds of us picking peas in the morning seemed pretty slim.  

But, to my amazement, he did not complain when I reminded him of the peas after breakfast.  We picked another 5-gallon bucket full.

We also picked all of the tomatoes that had even a hint of orange on them, trying to beat the squirrels to the harvest.  We brought them home and lined them up on the porch sill.  A few tomatoes were ripe enough to eat, but there weren't enough to fool with canning.  To keep them from going to waste, I scalded the skins off of them, chopped them up, and put them in the freezer. 







No comments:

Post a Comment