Wednesday, August 31, 2022

As of this afternoon, I am unemployed.  

The day started - or, rather, should have started - with The Boss's last hearing at 9 a.m.  The attorneys wanted to have a pow-wow before the hearing, and they ended up agreeing on whatever it was they were arguing about.  (I don't know why lawyers can't have their pow-wows BEFORE the day of the hearing; it would have the court so much time and effort.)  Another judge came in to be sworn in.  The Boss had a pile of orders to sign.

I took a picture of The Boss signing the final order, and another of The Boss handing that final order to a clerk to be stamped.

After that, The Boss and I waved for a camera from the courthouse porch, then the clerks all gathered on the porch and waved back at us.  Then it hit us that the picture would make more sense if it showed us waving AT EACH OTHER.  So we nabbed the next guy who came out of the courthouse and asked him to take the picture.  

We all went back inside.  The Boss and I gathered our purses, gave each other a hug, and made a standing lunch date for the second Tuesday of every month.

I choked up a little.  



No comments:

Post a Comment