Tuesday, August 23, 2022

Nine More Days - August 23, 2022

Whew...yesterday 'bout wore me out.

When we left the office last Friday, there was a huge pile of bagged-up and boxed-up garbage in the front room.  Yesterday morning we added a considerable amount to the pile.  When all of the drawers and shelves were finally empty, I said to The Boss, "Give me your car key.  I'm going to back it up to the door, and we're hauling this stuff to the dumpster."  She drives a Yukon.  We laid the back seat down and filled the cargo space with garbage bags - TWICE - and drove up the hill to the dumpster.  She held the lid open while I heaved the bags into the dumpster.  We were both dripping sweat by the time we finished.  

Having finished that chore, there's not much left for us to do.  This weekend or early next week, The Boss's kids are coming to get her personal furniture and boxed-up belongings.  The new judge's crew will come for our desks and the remaining state-supplied furniture.  I've got two boxes of pictures and books to bring home.

We have an old microwave that is so gross I won't use it.  We'll leave it for somebody else to toss.  We also have a dorm-sized refrigerator that's been running non-stop for 25+ years.  The freezer compartment was frozen shut, so I unplugged the refrigerator and aimed a space heater at the iceberg.  I'll take it to Granddaughter #1, who will be going away to college this fall, if it runs again when it's plugged back in.

We'll have court tomorrow and Thursday, then the official work will be done, except for wrapping up whatever paperwork is generated in those hearings.

I still do not know anything about my new job.  It appears to be a "done deal," but there's been no word on a start date or any other details, such as where my office will be.  Hopefully, someone will be in touch in a few days.

I like surprises, but damn . . . . 





No comments:

Post a Comment