Monday, January 29, 2024

A matter of opinion - January 29, 2024

It might be a matter of opinion as to whether or not I have totally wasted this day.  

I have bopped from one thing to another, not finishing anything, but accomplishing a little on each thing.  

I take that back; I did finish one thing.  Almost.

Here's a word of advice for you: don't pop the keys off your keyboard, especially the "irregular" ones, if you can help it.  Getting them back on will drive you mad.  Ask me how I know.

The thing I finished was an experiment.  I guess it's still in progress, in a way; I'm in the data-collecting stage now.  My laptop battery has been acting a fool.  It'll charge fairly quickly, but poop out even faster.  I used to keep it plugged up all the time (lately I've been reading that's not such a great thing to do).  Maybe I overwhelmed it with juice.  In any case, not only is it not charging properly, it sometimes gets HOT - I assume it's the battery.  In researching the problem, somewhere along the way I read that it might do some good to just take the battery out of the laptop, leave it out for a while, then put it back in.  I've been meaning to try that.  I tried it today.

The jury is still out.  It seems to be holding a charge better, and the bottom of the computer doesn't feel too warm, so maybe it worked.  But since I re-charged the battery, I haven't used it enough to know whether it's going to suddenly drain.  We'll know before the day is over.  If it keeps acting goofy, I'll order a new battery, now that I know I can put it in, myself.  As for the keyboard, let's just say all is not quite well. 



  

No comments:

Post a Comment