Wednesday, January 17, 2024

It's he-ere - January 16, 2024


Well, the snow and cold temperatures I have been dreading arrived this past weekend, as predicted.  Temperatures have dipped down into single digits and have not gotten above the 'teens for days.  We got 3 or 4 inches of snow, enough to paralyze a Southerner's world.   The Husband and I were both off work Monday for MLK Day, and both of our offices were closed because of road conditions Tuesday.  He went to work today, but I didn't - hang "office day" in this kind of weather!  I was expecting to go to the office for a meeting Friday morning, but that has been cancelled.  I haven't set foot outside the house since last Friday night's margarita outing and probably won't, until this Friday night, when we'll likely brave the roads for our weekly "toot," icy or not.  I do not have clothing for these conditions!


So I have spent the past four days essentially trapped in the house with The Husband.  Fortunately, we get along.  Between the two of us, we've watched about a thousand you-tube videos, sometimes in the same room at the same time, sometimes not.  He gassed up a propane heater for the back porch, which makes it bearable out here (yes, I'm shivering on the porch right now) for a little while at a time.  

Mostly, I've been drawing yard critters playing musical instruments, and making up stories about them in my head.  Or vice versa.  Whatever.  I've also been watching graphics editor tutorials so that I can eventually DO SOMETHING with the drawings, once they're all done, to justify all the time I'm wasting.  ;)

  


No comments:

Post a Comment